Mission Statement: (Sierra Club Mission Statement)
1. Explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the earth
2. Practice and promote the responsible use of the earth's ecosystems and resources
3. Educate and enlist students to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment
1. Activism and Action
2. Outreach and coalistion building
1. Promote energy sufficient technology and greater energy efficiency campuswide.
2. Continue widespread implementation of recycling programs.
3. Push for Green Building with the new buildings on campus.
4. Get Creighton signed on to Campus Climate Challenge of the Sierra Club.
5. Educate and inform students and public through outreach programs about environmental issues.
6. Hold Creighton University's Departements and Facilities Management accountable for proper environmental procedures and compliances.
1. To get biodegradable products on campus.
Current Status: Signing the petition
2. Help with the Current Recycling Program.
Current status: Need to Attend Meeting January 18th.
Time: 2:30 - 3:30
Place: Jelinek Rm 102
3. Designing Table Tents to be put out starting February.
4. Film Festival: January 30th and every following Tuesday at 6:30, TBA
1. Camping Trip / Sandhill Crane Trip; March
Current Leadership Positions and People to Contact:
President: Anastasia Yanchilina firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Susanna Jacobs email@example.com
Secretary-Treasurer: Nadia Sebastian firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary-Treasurer Helper: Alicia Donner email@example.com
Sierra Club Student Representative: Patric Sescher firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Moderator: Dr. Patricia Fleming