The Nebraska Delta SigEp House
On a historical foot note..... the builder of our Chapter House was Edgar Martin Morsman. Mr. Morsman came to Omaha around 1850. He worked for American Express and Wells Fargo stagecoach lines before building the first phone company in eastern Nebraska. The house originally sat on lots 1 thru 10 in the Morsman Park Development. Edgar and his wife Francis Ann had five children, two of which died before age 9. By 1900 the house was staffed with five live-in servants, had an elevator, and a button in the dinning room floor, under the table, to call servants. The Morsman House was originally lit by gasolier lights. One original gas light still exists in the house along with several capped gas jets. During last years renovations, the original wall paper on the ceiling was exposed in the dining room and back parlor (fireplace room). Unfortunately, the ceilings are once again covered over with new dry wall to be re discovered again some day.